Wellbutrin SR vs Wellbutrin XL: Differences, similarities, and which is better for you

Looking for:

wellbutrin_sr 













The XL did next to nothing, and when I switched to the SR with twice daily dosing it made a huge difference. Does anyone have any experience with generic Wellbutrin , where the SR formulation was better than the XL. I took XL for 7-8 weeks, probably the worst anxiety I've had in my life. There is absolutely no good way to market toilet paper, except in can you lose weight on wellbutrin sr Japan.

I didn’t do a switch and mine was the opposite, but the first time I was on Wellbutrin I was on the XL and then was off of it for a few years and have been put on the SR. When I started the XL, it felt like I got much more of a “surge” of medicine when I first took it. I’d get like a big boost when I first took the pill if that makes sense. It took a couple weeks to get used to, I’d feel out of breath a lot on it. Taking SR, it feels like a much more mild and steady effect. Maybe it’s because I’ve taken it before, but I don’t feel like I’ve had to get used to it at all on SR.

That is why new indications sometimes come up with the new drug according to therapeutic experiences, due to the change in bioavailability of the drug. Some drug reps might tell you that Nexium works FASTER than Prilosec. There is some evidence that Nexium works slightly faster than Prilosec.

I have so many other prescriptions, it would be good to reduce the cost some. I didn't realize Prilosec worked practically just as well. I wonder if it matters if the cause of indigestion is the effect of another medication... Even if the efficacy is the exact same, if the side effects are miserable, compliance will be better with the drug with fewer SE. I'm told XL does last longer and I know people who choose to go SR rather than XL so they can skip a dose if they get tachycardic or shaky.

I haven’t felt out of breath, I don’t get like a boost the way I did with XL. I liked the boost I got, it helped me be more motivated to do stuff. But it did also cause me to have a bit of brain fog as well. Extended-release tablets make the release duration even slower than sustained-release tablets.

Therefore, it’s important to watch blood pressure changes. Those who take blood pressure medications may need to adjust their treatment with their doctor. Other off-label indications include social phobia and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Bupropion is sometimes used in combination with naltrexone to treat obesity and weight-related conditions. Wellbutrin SR and Wellbutrin XL have the same mechanism of action.

Did you know Nexium ("The Little Purple Pill") is only 3% more effective than Prilosec. Did you also know Nexium came out a few months before the generic for Prilosec, what a coincidence. Yeah, when I first started, for the first two weeks, I would wake up every morning between 2am and 4am. I could pop a unisom and fall back asleep, but it’s still disruptive, nonetheless. The ups of this are incredible, and what I need to kick ass at my job again, but the lows and the agitation are killer.

Both Wellbutrin SR and Wellbutrin XL are indicated to treat symptoms of major depression . However, Wellbutrin XL is also approved to prevent seasonal affective disorder. Seasonal affective disorder is a mood disorder that affects some people during seasonal changes. For example, someone who normally doesn’t experience depression throughout the year may feel depressed during the winter. Wellbutrin XL can be started in the fall season to prevent mood changes in the winter. Wellbutrin XL contains extended-release bupropion.

Comments